Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A New Adventure

I'm just not a faithful blogger, obviously.

In case you're not aware, I have 98 days left until...

I'm moving to Uganda!! 

I'll be there for five months, working in a babies' home with 0-2 year-olds. I sent out a newsletter back in December, and I just finished writing the second issue. However, so much has happened in the past few days that I feel it's almost necessary to re-write it! 

Therefore, I will be more faithful with this blog. Pictures, updates, you name it.

The latest excitement:

  • I purchased a plane ticket!! June 12, 2013, is my official departure date.

  • I received my vaccines yesterday... notice the lack of exclamation marks. Yellow fever, Polio, and Hep. A (don't ask me to spell it out) vaccinations are all surging through my bloodstream at the moment. However, despite soreness in my arms and an intense headache, I feel great. (The side-effects information the doctor gave me had me fearing for the worst!)

My mom and I waiting in anticipation for my shots. 
  • My dad is in Uganda right now! He went to check out the place where I'll be working, as well as hang out with a pastor friend who has an orphanage there. 
My dad texted me a sweet video of Ugandan kids telling me hello, and if I were more tech-savvy, I'd be glad to post it. 

I guess this about does it for the catching up! I'll be sure to keep blogging faithfully. 

By the way... how far in advance is it acceptable to begin packing? 98 days? Oh, right. I guess I'll go ahead and start... 

No comments:

Post a Comment