Monday, June 10, 2013

All at Once...

All at once, you find that the thing you've said forever that you're going to do is suddenly there... like, not tomorrow, but the next day. Like, tomorrow is my last full day in the States for five months. 

It comes with a lot of goodbyes, which actually are not goodbyes. "I'll see you soon." "Have a wonderful summer and fall." "It'll be here before you know it...." and it will. If the time it's taken to plan and prepare has gone by so quickly, I know these five months will fly. 

I've been given so much practical and spiritual advice in the past few weeks, but here's the best I've received: 
  • Have a sense of humour.
  • Embrace everything from the first moment.
  • Don't try to solve everything- You can't.
I'm posting this partially so you can know it, but mostly to remind myself when I look back. 

And now pictures, because they're worth a thousand words and I've nothing further to say tonight:


Packed to move to my parents' house until the big day.


My brother's graduation! So proud!


My going-away party- I faked this jump, I'll admit.


One of my boys and his family got to come to my party! 


My aunt and uncle gave me a Nook for my trip! (I've always been strongly against E-readers, but when your luggage weight limit is exceeded by a dozen books and you've already changed out your selection at least twice because you don't know what you'll want to read for five months... I'm actually very grateful!)


My brother and I got to eat dinner with a Ugandan family from our church! They cooked Ugandan food for us and gave me so much practical advice. 


I finally was able to spend some time with my dear friend Rachel! She has been on the mission field in Europe for the past five months, and we caught each other just in time! Thank the Lord! It was so encouraging to catch up with her. 


On that note, I'm calling it a night. It's 12:04 AM, right at the beginning of my last day in the States. 

Love and prayers. 
<3 Robin

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you! May God bless you and keep you in the palm of His hands until the day He returns you to your family.

    ReplyDelete