Monday, February 23, 2015

23 Days to Go...

Today I have 23 days left until I return to Uganda. 


Twenty-three.

23!!!!

Despite having only twenty-three days left, I'll admit it still hasn't "hit me." I have moments where I feel overwhelmed, moments when I question everything, and moments when I feel extremely blessed; but I still can't wrap my head around the twenty-three days that I have in my grasp to finish everything that must get done. 

But for the moment, let's celebrate the milestones so far:

I have a one-way plane ticket (leaving March 18th)

I've got my 501(c)3 paperwork in the filing process, with articles of incorporation and an EIN number in my possession! (Need a dictionary? Yep, me, too!) 

I had the pleasure of vision casting at Crossing Place Fellowship church this past Sunday, building relationships with the sweet people in their congregation and gaining both prayer and financial support for this journey. 

And the two most remarkable milestones so far:

Wajumbe

Wajumbe is the Swahili word for Messengers. While researching words and phrases that could possibly be used for a name for our school, we came across this word. How appropriate a name for a missionary training school! We are messengers, and we get to carry the message of the good news to people around the world. 

Finally, my intern- meet Ashlie!


Ashlie will be leaving with me on March 18, getting her feet wet on the mission field in Africa. We will be completing paperwork for opening a non-profit in Uganda, seeking out compounds, building relationships with other organizations, learning the Acholi language, and much, much more. I'm so thankful for her company on this adventure!

*************************

How you can help:


Friends, this endeavor is so much bigger than me. I need your prayers! Please pray for focused preparation, safe travels, favor with immigration, clarity and even more favor with the non-profit paperwork, financial provision, and for the hand of God to be on both Ashlie and me. 

Lastly, I truly need your help financially. God has been so faithful to provide so far, and I know He will continue to do so! Whether you are able to give one time or every month, I greatly appreciate any gift you can give. 

You can give online through my GoFundMe account here.

Or email me for more information on how you can give or otherwise be involved. 

Thank you all so much for your love and prayers! I look forward to sharing the journey with you!

<3, Robin 




No comments:

Post a Comment