Sunday, October 20, 2013

Greetings From Jeneth!


Remember Jeneth? 

If not, you can find her story here.

(I'm not going to lie... I feel really cool that I just inserted a link in a blog post. Who knew?)

Anyway, I went to Jeneth's house tonight to visit and eat dinner with her. She and I have gotten to be really good friends through working together and hanging out outside of work. 

This afternoon I took a boda to the hostel where Jeneth lives with other students, most of them going to Gulu University. Jeneth met me outside with a hug, then led me to the room where she lives. Outside her door stood a little charcoal stove, only knee-high, with a saucepan of boo (pronounced "bo"- a dark green, leafy vegetable resembling spinach) boiling on top. Jeneth showed me where to drop my bag, and then I sat with her outside to cook. 

We peeled and diced tomatoes, peppers, onions, and garlic, fried them and added them to the boo with some eggs. We broke spaghetti and fried it with veggies as well, and then let everything cook as we chatted. 

We talked of our cultures, we talked of our schools, we talked of our dreams.

As we talked of our plans and dreams, Jeneth asked me about my friends back home who have read her story, and she asked me to greet all of you.

"Tell them I am so thankful for their prayers," she said. "I am so glad that God can use my story to encourage people!" 

The boo turned out quite nicely, by the way. Perhaps I'll make some in the States. 





<3

No comments:

Post a Comment